Decor Trends For A Stylish Home
Part of the fun of working in the real estate industry is seeing a lot of inspiring and interesting décor choices!
Trends in décor are the result of what is going on around us, creative and beautiful solutions to what is happening in our lives and how we want to live. You should always use what you do love in your home’s décor, not what you think you should love.
When we speak of trends, we are not referring to trendy “fads” that don’t have legs. The important trends are classic and timeless. “Fads” should be used sparingly and just for fun in accessories and surfaces that can be easily changed with little expense.
Many of the décor trends for 2023 are classics that have recently become more prominent:
- Wallpaper in patterns large and small, texture and colors both bold and soft.
- Color palette—warm tones in every shade over cool tones
- Moody colors
- Warm, soothing, and cozy colors that work with soft, warm wood tones. Brown, caramel, and beige.
- Using the same color on the wall trim and ceiling-enveloping the room...
monochromatic look with a punch
- Black accents
- Black and white
- Modern style is still in vogue, but, more of a “soft modern” with warm elements to soften the feeling of cold and impersonal.
CONTRAST IS KEY
- High gloss with matte wood or open shelving and accent panels
- Black and white decor
- Goes with warmer colors-off white, beige, brown, and natural adding style and sophistication.
- Art Deco to MCM. Quality and Timeless
- “Biophilic design”
- Eco-friendly and healthy
- Upcycling (organic, sustainable)
- Oversized and a mix of metals, glass, etc.
- A great focal point for any room
- All books
- Books plus accessories that you love
- Neutral always works, but, for a change, paint in a contrasting color or high gloss
- Always in style, but trending in 2023 wood tones are warm and not grey or white
- Wood flooring can give a space a stylish look
- Lime-wash and plaster
- brick or textured tiles and fabrics
- Natural fibers in rugs, baskets, etc
- Natural materials
- Multifunctional spaces
-- Craft rooms, Salons for listening, watching, or just gathering
-- Mudrooms and Laundries-luxury treatment
- Large butler-style kitchen pantries—large or hidden to hide the mess
Be sure to curate and create a home with your lifestyle and personality in mind!
Article Image courtesy of Thibaut Design