It was in Saint Charles in 1804 that William Clark and Meriwether Lewis departed up the Missouri River seeking the route to the Pacific Ocean by order of president Thomas Jefferson.
Saint Charles was Missouri's first state capital from 1821 to 1826 and the home of pioneer and explorer Daniel Boone and his family. Today, you can walk the same brick-lined streets, along the Nationally Registered Historic District, and shop in those same buildings.
Living in St. Charles offers residents a dense suburban feel with many parks.
• Settled and Established 1769
• Population approximately 70,000
• Area served by City of St. Charles School District https://mo01910164.schoolwires.net/ Francis Howell School District https://www.fhsdschools.org/
and Orchard Farm School District https://www.ofsd.k12.mo.us/
• Historic river city
• Historic main street district
• Host of The Lewis and Clark Expedition in 1804
• Parks and trails
• Proximity to local wineries
• Festivals and live music