The oldest settlement along the Meramec was in the area around Fenton and Sunset Hills. Spanish grants of land were given to John Hildebrand in 1777, Gabriel Cerre in 1779, and Jacques Clamorgan in 1791.
Most of the homes in the areas of Sunset Hills were 2-story white frame structures. Some of these homes had a long hall dividing the downstairs into 2 sections; the parlor and sitting room were on 1 side and the dining room and kitchen on the other side.
• Settled in late 1700’s
• Established 1997
• Population approximately 9,000
• Area served by Lindbergh School District https://go.lindberghschools.ws/
• Laumeier Park, home of many art installations
• Emmenegger Nature Park
• Access to the Great Rivers Greenway - https://greatriversgreenway.org/
• Home to several Country Clubs
• Home to several private schools